On Campus – Cohen Eye Associates
For an appointment please call 314-361-5003. Student Health Services covers one routine eye exam/refraction office visit every two years with the Cohen Eye Associates. You will be required to present a voucher at the appointment. Without the voucher you will not be seen and your appointment rescheduled. The eye exam voucher is available from the front desk in the Student Health office. The student will be responsible for a co-payment of $20 per visit. Not eligible for VSP discounts. Contact fitting are not covered by Student Health. You will be responsible for 90% of the cost of a fitting when seen in the Cohen Eye Associates. The office will extend a 10% discount to all members. NOT eligible for VSP discounts. If the student experiences any eye difficulty while enrolled and requires more than one eye examination every two years, the student may call Student Health Services for an additional approval. The student will be responsible for a co-payment of $20 per visit for in-network services or 20% for approved services out-of-network.
When Away from campus – Vision Service Plan
Your Sun Life Dental plan includes a vision discount plan through Vision Service Plan (VSP). The vision plan includes discounts on exams and the purchase of prescription eye-wear when provided by VSP network doctors. The discount plan is available for the student and everyone covered under the student’s dental plan. VSP discount plan Features of VSP:
- Immediate savings when using a VSP network doctor
- No waiting periods
- No deductibles
Services available from a VSP network doctor:
- WellVision Exam 20% discount off eye exams (1)
- 20% discount off complete pairs of prescription glasses and lens options (2)
- VSP has contracted with many of the nation’s laser surgery facilities and doctors, to offer a discount off PRK and LASIK surgeries.
Three easy steps to using VSP:
- Find a VSP network doctor at www.vsp.com or call 800.877.7195 to request a doctor listing.
- Tell the doctor you are a VSP member and provide the covered member’s social security number when you make your appointment.
- Fees are automatically reduced at the time of service – with no claims to fill out.
The vision discount plan is not insurance. Products and services marketed by Sun Life are underwritten and/or provided by Union Security Insurance Company.
- Does not apply to contact lens exam (fitting and evaluation).
- Discounts only offered through the VSP network doctor who provided an eye exam within the last 12 months.
Additional information about the benefit of Sun Life prepaid dental plan is available upon request.